Saturday, October 9, 2010

What's Up With "Commandments"?

I was always restrictive about discussing religion on the Internet, because there are just too many beliefs and Gods to contend with....especially now, with the world wide web, where, perhaps a tribal chief in the hidden Rain Forest of Central America, could get a hold of a computer and add their act of a virgin sacrifice, to the mix of pacticing religions.

So, with so many exposed religions trying to shove their religious beliefs down your throat (sometimes a headless throat), I just figured I would develop my own principles to live by while I still breathe this Universal Air.

If my principles somehow match a practicing faith that is unbeknownced to me, then I would welcome their announcement with graciousness and respect and delight.

So, with that said, I arrived at my future conclusions after asking myself, " what kind of a God would command a human to pray to it, in anticipation of some wonderful afterlife, yet continue to allow suffering on this planet?"  And Death is our only way to find out if that is even true. So , why again, would I be commanded to pray to a God, when there is such a large portion of humanity that does pray to a God, and this planet and its inhabitants continue to suffer, with Death being the only certain outcome of any prayer, whether we pray for death or not.

Therefore, my first principle (not commandment) in the house of IIWG, is that If I Were God, that you would not have to pray to me for your, or any one else's salvation.  What kind of God would I be to command you to pray to me?

I will expand and introduce new priciples in future posts, as I know that short posts, are more easily read to the finish.

I welcome all comments, especially ones that oppose the house of IIWG, as perhaps you will convince me of a more meaningful faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment