Monday, October 18, 2010

What's Up With "Thank God" ?

I don't get it.
Really.  I just don't get it.

Why is it that when something good happens , 99% of the expressions I always hear from people is "Thank God".


Why is it that this so called God will only take credit for the good things that happen to us in life?

When we get hit with a hurricane and massive flooding,
and we save ourself by holding on to a tree, while others float by us
drowning in the current.....why do we only say "Thank God" the tree was there.  Why does this God get credit for the tree, but not
blamed for the flood in the first place?

If I were God.....I would not make the hurricane in the first place, and then expect you to thank me for the few lives I spared, while letting thousands of others die.

Please join in the House Of IIWG, or do your best to tell me I am wrong.  And please, no Bible Fables to substantiate your point.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a thought: why should God or anyone be "blamed" for a hurricane? Why is a hurricane intrinsically bad? Because it's inconvenient to our plans to "manifest destiny" the earth? The earth was here first according to the evolutionists AND the creationists, and furthermore, we've been much more of a problem to it than it has been to us. We have no problem raping the earth for oil and gold and diamonds and everything else we can steal from it. Maybe a hurricane is just the earth's reminder that she is still the dominant force, and not us. Therefore, instead of blaming God for creating the hurricane, why not blame us for getting in the hurricane's path? When you look at it that way, thanking God (or whoever) for sparing our lives despite our foolishness doesn't sound so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to delete this later as I know it's irrelevant to your topic... but I signed up with your neobux link a while back and yeah, I click every day. I've found another site that's like it and I figured you might want to check it out: http://www.bigbuxsite.com/?ref=irisanna It works best if you join free and use the start-slow-and-build-steadily method like neobux. When you check it out, if you decide to join, do your girl a favor and use my reflink. :-)

    ReplyDelete